- Self-Directed Study
- Independent Project
With the approval of the appropriate deans, instructor and vice president of instruction, students may contract for an alternative instruction course to expand their learning beyond the scheduled curriculum or students may take an existing course if it is not being offered during the quarter requested.
This agreement is subject to the following stipulations:
- To be eligible, the student must have completed 45 credits with a maximum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher at WVC. The appropriate administrator must approve any waivers of this requirement.
- The application form must be completed by the 10th day of the quarter and delivered to the appropriate dean along with an unofficial transcript attached.
- A maximum of five alternative instruction credits can be earned in one quarter.
- Regular admissions policies and tuition costs apply to credit for directed study and independent project.
- Each independent project credit requires the student to work 30 hours under supervision of an instructor.
- Some fees may apply to a particular course depending on the nature of the course.
- After approvals are obtained, copies of the contract must be distributed to the admission/registration office, the instruction office and the instructor.
- Application forms are available in the admission/ registration office, the instruction office and online at wvc.edu.