The ATS degree is not designed for transfer, although for some ATS degrees, WVC has direct transfer agreements with some regional four-year institutions.
WVC offers a variety of professional/technical programs leading to either an associate of technical science (ATS) degree or a certificate of completion. These programs are geared toward students who wish to enter certain technical careers in agriculture, business, industry, health and other fields.
Each program includes theoretical instruction and practical skills to develop competency for the workplace. A general education component is included in professional/technical degree programs to improve skills in communication, computation and human relations. Course requirements are specific to each program and are described in the pages that follow. Some of the programs also include instruction in computer applications. Today’s workplace requires skilled employees with academic, technical and problem-solving abilities. Technical training through WVC can help students succeed in the workplace.
Students may earn an associate of technical science degree in the following majors:
- Automotive Technology
- Business, General
- Business Computer Technology
- Chemical Dependency Studies
- Computer Technology - Network Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood Education
- Environmental Systems and Refrigeration
- Fire Science
- Industrial Technology - Aerospace Electronics
- Industrial Technology - Electronics
- Industrial Technology - Machining
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Multi-Occupational Trades
- Radiologic Technology