Cooperative work experience (CWE 195 and 196/296) is a way to earn college credit through on-the-job experience in a chosen field. This program offers students a way to combine classroom study at WVC with related work experience under the supervision of an employer. Work experience, paid or unpaid, must be related to a student’s educational and career objectives.
This program is subject to the following stipulations:
- Students must meet with the CWE coordinator to determine eligibility and to complete the enrollment process.
- Course credit may be earned for work experience if the work is related to either the student’s major or vocational goal.
- One CWE credit requires 50 hours of work experience.
- Regular registration policies and tuition rates apply to CWE credits.
- CWE 196/296 credit will be awarded on a pass/fail basis and will not affect GPA. CWE 195 is graded.
- The CWE coordinator will meet with the student and their employer on the job site as part of the evaluation process for CWE credits.
- No more than 10 CWE credits may be applied to any WVC degree.