Financial Aid

Updated on: Monday, August 14, 2023

WVC participates in a broad range of federal and state aid programs designed to assist students who are unable to pay their college expenses. Financial assistance through grants, work study and subsidized loans require determination of financial need. Unsubsidized student loans are available for students who do not qualify for need-based financial aid. Information and applications for both merit- and need-based scholarships are available online at Financial aid and most need-based scholarships require a student to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The college also offers programs such as Work-Based Learning Tuition Assistance, WorkFirst, Opportunity Grant, Basic Food, Employment and Training and Worker Retraining funding. Visit for more information.

Contact the WVC Financial Aid Office for financial aid eligibility requirements, visit the WVC Financial Aid website at or call 509- 682-6810. Refer to the U.S. Department of Education Student Guide, which is available in the financial aid office and online (

Financial aid funds may be categorized into four basic sources: federal, state, institutional, and private. Because there are too many outside private sources to list in this manual, only federal, state, and institutional sources for WVC are listed below:

  1. Federal
    • Federal Parental Loan for Undergraduate Students (FPLUS)
    • Federal Pell Grant
    • Federal Subsidized Stafford Loan (FSSL)
    • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Program (FSEOG)
    • Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
    • Federal Work-Study Program
  2. State
    • Washington College Grant (WCG)
    • College Bound Scholarships
    • Passport to Careers
    • State Work-Study Program (SWS)
  3. Institutional
    • WVC Tuition Waiver
    • WVC 3.5% Grant
    • WVC Emergency Loans
    • WVC Academic Scholarships

Federal and state student financial aid regulations require students to be in a program of study that leads to an eligible degree or certificate offered at WVC, maintain satisfactory academic progress and be enrolled in at least six credits per quarter. (In some cases, students may take fewer than six credits and still receive financial aid. Check with the financial aid office before enrolling for less than six credits to find out how it will affect a financial aid award.) The satisfactory academic progress policy is available under Forms on the financial aid website ( and in the financial aid office.

Processing of financial aid applications can take up to 4-6 weeks. We recommend applying early to have your financial aid in place when you start attending. Students can start the application process in the October prior to the start of the fall quarter for the following year. For example, for the fall quarter of 2022, they can apply in October of 2021. We recommend completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) early to be considered for all types of funds and to have your financial aid in place by the start of the following year. Complete the FAFSA online at Students will need to list the WVC Federal School Code on the their FAFSA form, which is 003801. Students should also complete an admissions application to the college as well as follow up on all requested information by the financial aid office.

The WVC Financial Aid Office corresponds with students through their college-issued e-mail address. Check your WVC e-mail on a regular basis. To find more information on how to access and use your WVC e-mail account, there are more resources on the WVC website,

Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA)

State law has expanded eligibility for the Washington College Grant ( WCG) to low income, non-citizen students who meet the program’s eligibility requirements and also satisfy the following residency criteria:

  • Have graduated (or will do so before beginning college) from a Washington state high school, or obtained a GED.
  • Have lived in Washington state for three years prior to, and continuously since, earning the high school diploma or equivalent.

To apply for the WCG, students who are unable to file a FAFSA due to immigration status may instead complete the free Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA).

To apply, visit

Financial aid staff members are available at the Wenatchee and Omak campuses during normal business hours Monday through Friday. You may contact the financial aid office by e-mailing at or calling 509-682-6810 (Wenatchee) or 509-422-7803 (Omak). The fax number for the Wenatchee office is 509-682-6811.