Designed to prepare the student in the knowledge of hazardous material s and how it relates to the fire service. This course will include embedded certifications of IFSAC Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations. Fire Department Sponsorship Required.
Course Learning Outcomes
Define the properties of hazardous materials that apply to the fire service.
Identify hazardous materials and containers.
Describe the role and types of personal protective equipment available.
Describe the rules of contamination and decontamination.
- Hazardous materials properties and effects
- Recognizing and identifying hazards
- Implementing a planned response
- Personal protective equipment
- Product Control
- Victim rescue and recovery
- Product identification
- Product containers