Overview of information needed to identify key welding inspection criteria, codes and procedures. Course will focus on the contents of the WABO Standard 27-13 booklet and how to quickly locate important information.
Course Learning Outcomes
Use inspection tools to insure a weld is in compliance with the applicable code.
Demonstrate the ability to professionally communicate Code book requirements to Welders, fitters, and other related personnel. This is done by class room practice presentations of students to students.
Demonstrate general knowledge of welding by passing a practice test of 150 questions.
Demonstrate the ability to fill out all inspection report and record forms.
- Welding Processes
- Welding Metallurgy
- Metal Joining and Cutting Processes
- Metal Properties, destructive and non-destructive testing.
- Weld Joint Geometry and Welding Symbols
- Weld and Base Metal Discontinuities
- Visual Inspection and Other Non-destructive Examination Methods