The tribal gaming industry in Okanogan and Chelan counties has expanded significantly in recent years, causing an increased need for a trained and skilled workforce. The gaming operations supervisor certificate is intended to train entry-level supervisors and mid-level managers. Students enrolled in this certificate will increase their knowledge, understanding and critical skills in business leadership and human resource management and develop their interpersonal communication skills.
Students who complete the Gaming Operations Supervisor Certificate should be able to:
- Demonstrate their own proficiency in personal and professional communication.
- Apply strategies for understanding and improving interpersonal relationship dynamics.
- Understand their individual leadership style strengths and weaknesses.
- Possess a foundational level understanding of mentoring and coaching.
- Understand the human resource manager’s role and their interaction with other mangers.
- Have had authentic experiences applying knowledge and skills learned in the classroom in the gaming environment.