This is a 15-credit alternative training program for those who meet the eligibility requirements of WAC 246-811-077-076. It is a series of 3 courses that meet the education requirements of WAC 246-811-077. To be eligible a person must hold one of the following licenses in good standing:
- Advanced registered nurse practitioner
- Marriage and family therapists
- Mental health counselor
- Advanced social worker, or independent clinical social worker
- Psychologist; Osteopathic physician
- Osteopathic physician assistant
- Physician assistant
To be considered for the Alternative Training Program an individual must submit proof they hold one of the above degrees in good standing and complete the entire CDS application for this program. For information about the AT program, contact the CDS director.
To become a fully credentialed CDP in Washington state the individual must still complete the required supervised internship hours and pass the certification exam.
The courses for this AT certificate will continue over 2 quarters. The course sequence is below:
- Quarter 1: CDS 270 Survey & Pharmacology of
Addiction (4 cr); CDS 272 Addiction Placement &
Treatment (4 credits)
- Quarter 2: CDS 275 Substance Use Disorder
Counseling (4 cr); CDS 278 Law & Ethics (3 credits)